YORK, Pa. – March, 2013 – United CoolAir Corporation (UCA) is repositioning itself to stand out in the high-growth retrofit air conditioning marketplace by adding the new tagline “All-Indoor Solutions,” which calls specific attention to the fact that all UCA equipment mounts entirely indoors, requiring no roof or pad space. UCA manufactures a wide range of equipment styles for practically any retrofit application. With the aging of many buildings, especially in urban areas, older systems need replacement by more capable units that meet the new efficiency standards. Many of these old units were installed at the time of the building’s construction, making them difficult to replace. “A high proportion of the multi-story buildings in cities like New York City, Boston and Chicago have floor-by-floor air conditioning systems that are difficult to access. The problem is not getting the old system out but rather getting the replacement system in at a reasonable cost. In most metropolitan buildings, there is no available space for exterior condensing or rooftop unit mounting,” said Neil Tucker, President of United CoolAir. Tucker remarked that often owners, contractors, and even some consulting engineers tend to focus on equipment cost rather than the Total Installed Cost. When you include the additional charges for special permits, crane rental, rigging, building modifications, equipment modifications and the labor to make these changes, the new HVAC equipment cost can be a small fraction of the entire project.
UCA’s All-Indoor Solutions include unique characteristics separating them from other suppliers of retrofit cooling equipment. Please see a list of the characteristics below.
- UCA offers a variety of equipment styles and sizes that are tailored to fit practically any building requirement. UCA equipment is designed to be adapted to the most difficult installations and at a lower installed cost.
- Configurations include horizontal, vertical, ceiling grid, VAV and even dedicated outside air systems.
- Air conditioners mount entirely indoors requiring no rooftop space, slab or special exterior condensing section mounting. Units are available in air-cooled, water-cooled, chilled water and heat pump configurations.
- The equipment is modularly designed, allowing it to be disassembled for transportation. Most sections fit through standard doorways and elevators, eliminating the need for expensive building modifications, rigging or crane rental.
- The equipment retains the exterior architectural appearance of the building, especially with historical structures.
- Theft and vandalism is practically eliminated without the added expense for special security systems or cages.
- Equipment is factory refrigerant charged. There is no piping, brazing, evacuation, or refrigerant charging in the field which means a lower installed cost.
- Systems are made to order allowing us to place air paths, electrical connections and refrigerant lines that match up with the existing hookups. Contractors can completely install a number of our systems in as little as a weekend, minimizing workplace disruption.
- UCA equipment maximizes indoor space by taking advantage of closets, small rooms and ceiling spaces. The equipment is protected from harsh outdoor weather extending its operating life, and high maintenance fees are eliminated for outdoor servicing.
- UCA uses standardized parts and components allowing routine maintenance to be completed very cost effectively.
United CoolAir is the leading manufacturer of indoor packaged and splittable light commercial air conditioners. Their “unique comfort solutions” are developed around an innovative modular all- indoor system. UCA began manufacturing air conditioning equipment in 1988 for military applications along with highly specialized HVAC systems for commercial application. Presently, UCA manufactures a broad line of air conditioning systems that include horizontal ceiling mount, several styles of vertical systems, outside air systems, VAV units and EZ-Fit. They also manufacture a full line of portable air conditioners and heating systems for the rental industry. For more information about United CoolAir, please call 717-843-4311 or visit www.unitedcoolair.com.