United CoolAir Corporation (UCA) is repositioning itself to stand out in the high-growth retrofit air conditioning marketplace. Namely by adding the tagline “All-Indoor Solutions,” which calls attention to the fact that all UCA equipment mounts entirely indoors. For example, our units require no roof or pad space. UCA manufactures a wide range of equipment styles for practically any retrofit application.
With many aging buildings, especially in urban areas, older systems need replacement by more capable units meeting new efficiency standards. Because many of these old units were installed at the time during building construction, they are difficult to replace. Specifically, “A high proportion of the multi-story buildings in cities like NYC, Boston and Chicago have floor-by-floor air conditioning systems that are difficult to access.
The problem is not removing the old system out but rather replacing the system at a reasonable cost. “In most metropolitan buildings, space is unavailable for exterior condensing or rooftop unit mounting,” said United CoolAir President Neil Tucker. Mr. Tucker remarked that often owners, contractors, and even some consulting engineers tend to focus on equipment cost rather than the Total Installed Cost. You must include the additional charges for special permits, crane rental, rigging, building modifications, equipment modifications, and labor. In order to make these changes, the new HVAC equipment must only cost a small fraction of the entire project.
UCA’s All-Indoor Solutions include unique characteristics separating them from other suppliers of retrofit cooling equipment. Please see a list of the characteristics below.
- UCA offers a variety of equipment styles and sizes that tailor to fit practically any building requirement. In other words, the design of UCA equipment is adaptable to the most difficult installations at a lower installed cost.
- Configurations include horizontal, vertical, ceiling grid, VAV, and even dedicated outside air systems.
- Air conditioners mount entirely indoors requiring no rooftop space, slab, or special exterior condensing section mounting. Furthermore, unit availability includes air-cooled, water-cooled, chilled water, and heat pump configurations.
- The equipment modular design allows for disassembly for transportation. However, most sections fit through standard doorways and elevators, eliminating the need for expensive building modifications, rigging, or crane rental.
- The equipment retains the exterior architectural appearance of the building, especially with historical structures.
- Theft and vandalism are practically eliminated without the added expense of special security systems or cages.
- The units refrigerant is factory charged during production. This means there is no piping, brazing, evacuation, or refrigerant charging in the field which realizes a lower installed cost.
- Systems are made-to-order allowing us to place air paths, electrical connections, and refrigerant lines that match existing hookups. In fact, contractors can completely install a number of our systems in as little as a weekend, minimizing workplace disruption.
- UCA equipment maximizes indoor space by taking advantage of closets, small rooms, and ceiling spaces. The equipment protection from harsh outdoor weather extends its operating life, and this eliminates high maintenance fees for outdoor servicing.
- UCA uses standardized parts and components allowing routine maintenance completion at very cost.
United CoolAir leads in the manufacturing of indoor packaged and splittable light commercial air conditioners. Their “unique comfort solutions” develop around an innovative modular all-indoor design. UCA began manufacturing air conditioning equipment in 1988 for military applications along with highly specialized HVAC systems for commercial applications.
Presently, UCA manufactures a broad line of air conditioning systems that include horizontal ceiling mount, vertical systems, and outside air systems such as EZ-Fit and Renovator. They also manufacture a full line of portable air conditioners and heating systems for the rental industry. For more information about United CoolAir, please call 717-843-4311 or visit www.unitedcoolair.com.